Angular Contact Bearings must be purchased and installed in sets for machine applications to function correctly.
Angular contact bearing arrangements help your application achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
Precision Bearing Arrangements are Important
- To function properly, a precision angular contact bearings (ABEC 7 and up) needs to be preloaded against each other (or against an external force) to function properly.
- It’s only suggested for radial ‘deep groove’ ball bearings, not required. But a proper radial ball bearing preload will help you achieve a higher max RPM (if the radial bearing is also an ABEC 7 or higher).
- A preload can come from many places: spring, rigid mount, application forces, centrifugal forces, etc.
- It’s suggested to do a simple load flow path for each application (see in red below). This helps to establish bearing direction and proper load sharing within the system.
Bearing Arrangements for Rigid or Spring Preload Optimizes Operation Performance
A few benefits of preloading a bearing:
- High running accuracy even under changing load conditions
- Reduced vibrations and running noise
- Slippage prevention
- Reduced amounts of sliding friction at high speeds
- Increased load capacity
Rigid Preload Arrangements
Multiple bearing arrangements form bearing sets to increase load capacity, rigidity and lift-off force.
For rigid bearing preload, matched bearing pairs in O, X or tandem arrangements provide an effective economic and technical solution to a lot of different applications.
O Arrangement (DB)
X Arrangement (DF)
Tandem Arrangement (DT)
Arrangements with Three or More Bearings
Where there are maximum demands on system rigidity or
high loading, the X, O or Tandem arrangements with three or more bearings are able to attain outstanding performance characteristics.
Arrangements with Three Bearings
Arrangements with Four Bearings
Using Spacers in Arrangements
Installing spacers can offer distinct optimization features to your application. Always make sure that the width of the spacer is as wide as a single bearing.
Benefits of using spacers:
- Enlarged support base (H) and increased radial rigidity
- Improve bearing lubrication by optimized oil flow
- If the width of the shaft spacer is smaller than the width of the housing spacer then:
- Preload will be increased with the O arrangement (Big O)
- Preload will be decreased with X arrangement (Big X)
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.