Type S Gap Seal
- Diameter range (shaft) d = 10 mm to 160 mm
- Width - depending on size 10 / 12 / 15 mm
- For heavy contamination and lightly splashing liquids
- Suitable for rotating shaft and/or housings
- Temperature range -40° C to 60° C/ -40° F to 140° F
For certain applications the sealing efficiency of a "S" Type Gap Seal may be increased by packing it with grease. The basic grease packing has to be done at GMN with a grease as per customer's requirements. Please order "S-pregreased" and add grease type if your application requires a special grease (e.g. FDA approved)
On request we will be pleased to suggest and produce special seals for special applications, e.g. special dimensions. For slightly higher temperatures than the limit of 60° C up to 80°/ 90° C (170° F/ 200° F) we offer a special design with "O"-rings at the inner and/or outer ring to increase the reliability of the press fit. Please contact our technical staff at no obligation.