Our sprag clutch product line can be used in a wide variety of industrial machine applications, from torque converters to winches. It stops movement from reversing by:
Sprag Clutch Applications
A winch reliably works to provide critical safety and support. A sprag clutch inside a winch helps lock the winch cable into place in an event of a motor failure.
Automobile transmissions need a clutch to engage and disengage gears. Using a sprag clutch is ideal because it allows the gears to smoothly transition under medium to heavy loads.
A torque converter efficiently transfers an engine’s rotation to the transmission via the transmission fluid (also known as a fluid flywheel or fluid coupling). And a sprag clutch plays a big role in ensuring a torque converter works properly.
The rotor on a helicopter is one of its most important parts because it allows the helicopter to take off and move in different directions via airfoils. If an engine failure occurs, it is critical that these airfoils are able to rotate. A freewheeling unit makes this possible.
Here are a few more:
- Conveyors & Winches: Stop Loads
- High Voltage Switching: Safety Device
- Textile Machine: Material Feed Protection
- Industrial Fan: Motor Protection
- Copiers: Paper Feeding
- Furniture Production: Glue Roller
- Food Production: Bottling Plant
- Sewing Machines: Material Feeder
- Automatic Winch: Controlled Raising/Lowering
- Torque Converters
- Conveyors: Speed Compensation
- Mixers: Motor Protection
- Motorcycles: Gear Box or Automatic Transmissions
- Packaging Machine: Spins Down Freely
- Printing Press: Ink Roller Drive