Precision Bearings for Demanding Applications
Rotating applications are only as successful as the precision bearings they use.
A precision bearing is even more important if you have a demanding application that operates at high speeds and/or requires tight rigidity. Those applications usually require an ABEC 7 high precision bearing.
Our GMN ABEC 7 high precision bearings are a great match for these applications.
Our GMN ball bearings are single-row, ceramic ball or stainless steel ball, ABEC 7 precision bearings manufactured in Germany.
If you need a reliable ball bearing for your application, then request pricing and availability today. We will respond fast!
Which High Precision Bearing is Good for Your Application?
Supports high RPMs, medium to heavy loads, & axial loads in one direction.
Sizes (mm) & speeds (RPM) ranging from:
ID (d): 5 to 120 OD (D): 14 to 180
W (b): 4 to 28 Speed (RPM): 9,700 to 287,500
Single row, with your choice of steel or ceramic balls and contact angles at 15° to 25°
Supports low to moderate RPMs, medium loads in both axial directions. Internal clearance options: C2, C3, C4.
Sizes (mm) & speeds ranging from:
ID (d): 5 to 40 OD (D): 16 to 80
W (b): 5 to 18 Speed (RPM): 22,500 to 129,375
Non-separable bearings with either steel or ceramic balls & a standard contact angle of 8°
GMN High Precision Bearings
We stock only GMN manufactured high precision bearings, manufactured in ABEC 7 (P4+) accuracy classes with ABEC 9 (P2) running accuracy. GMN bearings are known for reliability, precision, and quality since 1908.
Our large inventory of high precision bearings is available in many sizes, and options. Most major precision bearing brands can be interchanged with a GMN high precision bearing.
99% of our orders are shipped out the same day the PO is sent. Request pricing and availability today.
Helpful Resources About High Precision Bearings
- Ball Bearing Guide
- How to Choose a Bearing
- Understanding Types of Bearing Loads
- Does Your Application Need Radial Bearings?
- Ball Bearing Fits & Tolerances
- Radial Ball Bearing vs Angular Contact Bearings
- What is Bearing Preload?
Machine Parts That Use High Precision Bearings
- Metal cutting & woodworking spindles
- Vacuum pumps
- Semiconductor components
- High-speed rolling mills
- Race cars
- And more
Special High Precision Bearings
Sometimes applications demand even more of a high precision bearing and in these scenarios, we offer special bearings that operate in extreme environments like:
- Vacuum environments with no oxygen (outer space solar panels)
- Semiconductors that operate in very high heat conditions
- Touchdown bearings that perform in intense environments
- Medical devices that operate in a sterile clean room
Frequently Asked Questions About High Precision Bearings
Do I need an Angular Contact or Radial Ball Bearing?
Generally speaking, if your precision bearing will be operating at high speeds with heavy loads, you will probably need an Angular Contact Bearing. These bearings are optimized for higher speeds and are designed with more balls per bearing.
If you aren't using your bearing at high operational speeds or you don't have the machine space for a matched set of bearings then Radial Ball Bearings will probably be your best fit.
What precision standards do we have for our bearings?
Bearing precision is important, especially if your equipment is using the bearing at max speed. Precision classes set the bearing properties to ensure uniformity and regulation standards are met.
Our Manufactured Bearing Standards:
- Tolerance standards for dimensional, form and running accuracy: ISO 492, and DIN 620
- Manufactured to precision P4+ and precision class UP+
Annular Bearing Engineering Committee (ABEC): ABEC 7 and ABEC 9
- For special applications (like vacuum pumps, gyroscopes and optical systems) we manufacture bearings to the highest internal tolerance classes.
Is GMN a Bearing Distributor?
No. We carry GMN high precision bearings, freewheel clutches and seals. All manufactured at GMN Germany.
Because of the relationships we have built over time, we do stock other product lines from quality brands. We do this only if GMN Germany doesn’t manufacture an equivalent GMN product.
For example, we offer ORS radial ball bearings because GMN doesn’t produce A5 radial ball bearings, a product that will support speeds as low as 3300 rpm. We heard from our customers that they need these types of radial ball bearings for certain applications, so we made a decision to start carrying ORS radial ball bearings.
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.