Bearings That Operate with Attention, Speed & Accuracy
When rotating components require a high amount of precision and a tight tolerance, the bearing becomes a critical component to the success of the operation. A regular bearing can’t handle these demands, which is why a high precision bearing is needed.
Types of Precision Bearings
There are two different categories of high precision bearings:
- Angular Contact Bearings: Optimized for very fast operation speeds, can hold heavy loads in the radial & axial direction. Must be purchased in sets & can only support axial loads in one direction.
- Radial Ball Bearings: When axial force in both directions is needed and speed isn’t the most important factor for your application, then radial ball bearings are usually selected. These high precision bearings usually don’t need to be purchased in sets for preload.
Our Precision Bearing Products
We stock only GMN manufactured high precision bearings, manufactured in accuracy classes P4+, ABEC 7 with P2 (ABEC 9) running accuracy. Since 1908 GMN has been known for reliability, precision and quality, all at the highest ISO & DIN industry standards.
We, at GMN Bearing USA, stock a large inventory of precision bearings with many sizes, angles and options to choose from. 99% of our non-customized orders are shipped out the same day as ordered.
Which Precision Bearing Type is Good for Your Application?
Spin fast, carry heavy loads & operate with tight tolerances.
Sizes (mm) & speeds (RPM) ranging from:
ID (d): 5 to 120 OD (D): 14 to 180
W (b): 4 to 28 Speed (RPM): 9,700 to 230,000
Carry loads in two axial directions with these non-separable bearings.
Sizes (mm) & speeds ranging from:
ID (d): 5 to 140 OD (D): 16 to 210
W (b): 5 to 33 Speed (RPM): 3,300 to 129,375
Single row, with your choice of steel or ceramic balls and contact angles at 15° to 25°
Your choice of steel or ceramic balls with a standard contact angle of 8°
Machine Parts That Use High Precision Bearings
- Metal cutting & woodworking spindles
- Vacuum pumps
- Semiconductor components
- High-speed rolling mills
- Race cars
- And more
Special High Precision Bearings
Some applications demand even more of a high precision bearing. In these scenarios, we offer special bearings that operate in more extreme environments like:
- Vacuum environments with no oxygen (outer space solar panels)
- Semiconductors that operate in very high heat conditions
- Touchdown bearings that perform in intense environments
- Medical devices that operate in a sterile clean room
Helpful Resources on High Precision Bearings
- Radial Ball Bearing vs Angular Contact Bearings
- What is Bearing Preload?
- Angular Contact Bearing Selection Guide
- Radial Ball Bearing Selection Guide
- Selecting the Right Lubrication
Frequently Asked Questions About High Precision Bearings
Do I need an Angular Contact or Radial Ball Bearing?
Generally speaking, if your precision bearing will be operating at high speeds with heavy loads, you will probably need an Angular Contact Bearing. These bearings are optimized for higher speeds and are designed with more balls per bearing.
If you aren't using your bearing at high operational speeds or you don't have the machine space for a matched set of bearings then Radial Ball Bearings will probably be your best fit.
What precision standards do we have for our bearings?
Bearing precision is important, especially if your equipment is using the bearing at max speed. Precision classes set the bearing properties to ensure uniformity and regulation standards are met.
Our Manufactured Bearing Standards:
- Tolerance standards for dimensional, form and running accuracy: ISO 492, and DIN 620
- Manufactured to precision P4+ and precision class UP+
Annular Bearing Engineering Committee (ABEC): ABEC 7 and ABEC 9
- For special applications (like vacuum pumps, gyroscopes and optical systems) we manufacture bearings to the highest internal tolerance classes.
Is GMN a Bearing Distributor?
No. We carry GMN high precision bearings, freewheel clutches and seals. All manufactured at GMN Germany.
Because of the relationships we have built over time, we do stock other product lines from quality brands. We do this only if GMN Germany doesn’t manufacture an equivalent GMN product.
For example, we offer ORS radial ball bearings because GMN doesn’t produce A5 radial ball bearings, a product that will support speeds as low as 3300 rpm. We heard from our customers that they need these types of radial ball bearings for certain applications, so we made a decision to start carrying ORS radial ball bearings.
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.