ABEC 7 Single Row, High-Speed, Precision Spindle Ball Bearings
Our GMN angular contact bearing (a.k.a. spindle bearings) is manufactured in Nürnberg, Germany, and is expertly crafted for speed and precision.
We have one of the largest in-stock inventories of angular contact bearings in N. America and are located in Houston, Texas.
Our Three Angular Contact Bearing Product Lines
Fast Speeds, Heavy Loads.
The S “standard bearing” series fits shafts with a max ID of 120 mm with max RPM speeds of 195,000 (steel) / 243,750 (ceramic).
Faster Speeds, Medium Loads
The SM series fits shafts with a max ID of 120 mm with max RPM speeds of 230,000 (steel) / 287,500 (ceramic).
Fastest Speeds, Light Loads
Our small ball series comes open or sealed. Fits shafts with a max ID of 70 mm with max RPM speeds of 135,000 (steel) / 168,750 (ceramic).
Common Machine Tools & Applications That Use Angular Contact Bearings
- Metal cutting & woodworking machinery spindles
- Machine spindles
- Vacuum pumps
- High speed rolling mills
- Printing machinery
- Machine components for the semiconductor industry
- Boat gyro-stabilizers
- Racing cars
- High speed turbochargers
- High-speed pumps
- And more
Our Precision Class Standards
Bearing precision is important, especially if your equipment is being used at maximum speeds. Precision classes guide the properties of bearings to ensure uniformity and regulation standards are met.
Standards are usually represented in ABEC, DIN or ISO classes.
All GMN high precision ball bearings meet the below criteria for each standard.
Select Options Available
We understand that some machine applications have different and unique bearing requirements. Some may need heavier load capabilities or faster operational speeds.
Whatever your requirements, we know that sometimes “Out-of-the-box” specs WON’T fit all – all the time.
We strive to offer a truly customizable approach to our angular contact bearings and our bearing experts can help you match the right bearing with the right machine application.
If you have specific customization needs, check with our bearing technicians to get the right bearing designed, manufactured and ordered.
Angular Contact Bearing Selection Options:
- Cage Material: Phenolic Resin (standard) or PEEK with Carbon Fiber
- Ball Material: 52100 Bearing Steel or Ceramic (Silicon Nitride, Si3N4)
- Contact Angle: 15° to 25° or custom
- Preload: Light, Medium, Heavy or Spring-Loaded
- Sealed Bearings: Available only in our KH Series
- Lubrication: Grease or Oil
- Direct Oil Lubrication: On request we can provide a small hole on the outer ring of the bearing for lateral oil supply. Your bearing technician can give you more information when you contact us.
- Grease Lubrication: Similar to the direct oil lubrication, except a slightly larger hole on the outer ring for the grease supply. Contact us for more information about adding grease lubrication to your angular contact bearing order.
Our Angular Contact Bearings Are Ready-to-Ship for Most Applications
Even though we do offer customization for our angular contact bearings, most people find that our S, SM and KH series perform to the exact specs they need.
Request a quote and we will send you pricing and availability.
We ship orders the same day the PO is sent (as long as the PO is sent by 3:30 pm CST). Most of our precision bearings are in stock and ready to ship out from Houston, Texas.
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Angular Contact Cross Reference Tool
Quickly find an equivalent GMN part number to major brands like SKF, NSK, Barden & more.
We have two ways to cross reference a popular brand’s part number to find the equivalent GMN Angular Contact part number you need.
- Quick Look Up: View the most requested angular contact product numbers in a table format for quick reference.
- Cross Reference Tool: Simply choose the brand you wish to cross reference, then type in the part number. Our corresponding part number will auto populate.
Angular Contact Bearing Guides & Resources
Still have questions? Below are the articles we recommend you read next.
- The Anatomy of Angular Contact Bearings
- Angular Contact Selection Guide
- What is Bearing Preload?
- Preload Strategies
- Find the Right Bearing Tolerance for Mating Parts
Make sure to browse our extensive library of articles, guides and calculators.