Radial Ball Bearings, sometimes called deep groove ball bearings, are the most popular type of high-precision bearings. They are versatile, good for smaller spaces, and when axial loads move in both directions.
Radial bearings are usually chosen over angular contact bearings when:
- Bearing space is limited, therefore pairs or sets of angular contact bearings won’t fit
- An application operates at low to moderate speeds (RPM)
- An application has axial loads that move in both directions
Our GMN Radial Ball Bearings
Manufactured to ISO 15 (DIN 625) Standards
- Single-row bearings
- Inner diameter (mm): 5 to 40
- Outer diameter (mm): 16 to 80
- One-sided or two-sided shields available
- General-purpose bearing
- Heat-treated for temperatures up to 302°F (150°C)
- Standard contact angle of 8°
- Ball Material Options: 52100 Bearing Steel or Ceramic (Si3N4)
- One-sided or double-sided shields available
- Extra-wide bearing sizes available
Materials Used When Manufacturing Radial Ball Bearings
Bearing Ring Material
Our bearing rings are manufactured with vacuum degassed chrome steel 100Cr6 and come heat stabilized for temperatures up to 302°F (150°C).
On request, we can add heat stabilization for any working temperatures between 302°F to 572°F (150°C to 300°C).
Any radial bearings needed for working temperatures up to 932°F (500°C) are also available and are manufactured with high-temperature tool steel. Download our bearing catalog or contact us for more information.
Our steel balls are manufactured with vacuum degassed chrome steel 100Cr6 and our ceramic balls are manufactured with silicon nitride, Si3N4.
Bearing Precision Class
GMN manufactures precision bearings that adhere to the national and global standards for precision, ISO 492, and DIN 620. Our high precision bearings are also manufactured to ABEC 7, ABEC 9 standards with a designated precision class of 4+ (P4+) and 2 (P2).
Options for Our Radial Ball Bearings
We understand that some applications have different bearing requirements, and sometimes our “out-of-the-box” radial ball bearings need a little customization.
If you have unique bearing requirements, then let our team of technical engineers help you build the best radial bearing for your application.
Radial Ball Bearing Selection Options:
- Cage Material: Phenolic Resin (standard) or Polyamide with Fiberglass (other options available)
- Ball Material: 52100 Bearing Steel or Ceramic (Silicon Nitride, Si3N4)
- Internal Clearance Options: C2, C3, C4
- Shields: Open, One Shield, Two Shields (lubricated)
- Extra-Wide Radial Bearings Also Available
Request a quote today for pricing and availability.
A Few Applications That Use Radial Ball Bearings
- Machine-Tool Spindles
- Electric Motors
- General Machinery like Compressors & Pumps
- Aircraft Generators (Hybrid)
- Biotechnology Equipment (Hybrid)
- High-Speed Mills (Hybrid)
- Precision Instruments (Hybrid)
Find out if your application needs a radial ball bearing by reading our new article “How to Tell If You Need a Radial Ball Bearing.”
Helpful Radial Bearing Resources
Still have questions? Below are a few articles we recommend you read next.
- Components of our Radial Ball Bearings
- Radial Ball Bearings vs Angular Contact Bearings
- Internal Clearances for Deep Groove Ball Bearings
- Everything You Need to Know About Radial Bearings
GMNs Bearing Standards At-A-Glance
All GMN high precision ball bearings meet the below criteria.
|ISO||DIN||AFBMA||Internal Tolerance Class|
|P4+||Class 4||P4||ABEC 7||High Precision (HG)|
|UP+||Class 2||P2||ABEC 9||Ultra Precision (UP)|
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.