Expertly Crafted for Speed & Precision
Choose an Angular Contact Bearing when you need high operational speeds to support heavy loads and tight tolerances. Our GMN high precision bearings are manufactured in accuracy classes P4+ (ABEC 7) with P2 (ABEC 9) running accuracy.
General characteristics of our angular contact bearings:
- Single-row bearings
- Standard contact angles of 15° to 25°
- More balls per bearing than radial ball bearings
- Ball material options: 52100 Bearing Steel or Ceramic (Silicon Nitride, Si3N4)
- Inner diameter from 5mm to 120mm
- Can support high radial & axial loads
Our GMN Angular Contact Bearing Product Line
Keep in mind that all Angular Contact Bearings must be ordered in sets to establish proper preload.
Fast Speeds, Heavy Loads.
The S standard bearing adapts to many different speeds, loads and other variables.
Fits shafts with a max ID of 120 mm. Supports max RPM speeds of 195,000 (steel) / 243,750 (ceramic).
Faster Speeds, Medium Loads
Compared to our S Series, the SM can handle heavier loads & speeds about ~ 20% faster.
Fits shafts with a max ID of 120 mm. Supports max RPM speeds of 230,000 (steel) / 287,500 (ceramic).
Fastest Speeds, Light Loads
Our KH series has smaller balls optimized for the highest speeds & comes open or sealed.
Fits shafts with a max ID of 70 mm. Supports max RPM speeds of 135,000 (steel) / 168,750 (ceramic).
Our Standard Series Product Line Usually Works for Most Applications
If this is you, then request a quote. Allow us to send you pricing and in stock availability.
We ship orders the same day the PO is sent (as long as the PO is sent by 3:30 pm CST). Most of our precision bearings are in stock and ready to ship out from Houston, Texas.
Selection Options Available
We understand that some machine applications have different and unique bearing requirements. Some may need heavier load capabilities or faster operational speeds.
Whatever your requirements, we know that sometimes “Out-of-the-box specs WON’T fit all – all the time.”
We strive to offer a truly customizable approach to our angular contact bearings and our bearing experts can help you match the right bearing with the right machine application.
If you have specific customization needs, check with our bearing technicians to get the right bearing designed, manufactured and ordered.
Angular Contact Bearing Selection Options:
- Cage Material: Phenolic Resin (standard) or PEEK with Carbon Fiber
- Ball Material: 52100 Bearing Steel or Ceramic (Silicon Nitride, Si3N4)
- Contact Angle: 15° to 25° or custom
- Preload: Light, Medium, Heavy or Spring-Loaded
- Sealed Bearings: Available only in our KH Series
- Lubrication: Grease or Oil
- Direct Oil Lubrication: On request we can provide a small hole on the outer ring of the bearing for lateral oil supply. Your bearing technician can give you more information when you contact us.
- Grease Lubrication: Similar to the direct oil lubrication, except a slightly larger hole on the outer ring for the grease supply. Contact us for more information about adding grease lubrication to your angular contact bearing order.
Common Machine Tools & Applications That Use Angular Contact Bearings
- Metal cutting & woodworking machinery spindles
- Machine spindles
- Vacuum pumps
- High speed rolling mills
- Printing machinery
- Machine components for the semiconductor industry
- Boat gyro-stabilizers
- Racing cars
- High speed turbochargers
- High-speed pumps
- And more
Angular Contact Cross Reference Tool
Quickly find an equivalent GMN part number to major brands like SKF, NSK, Barden & more.
We have two ways to cross reference a popular brand’s part number to find the equivalent GMN Angular Contact part number you need.
- Quick Look Up: View the most requested angular contact product numbers in a table format for quick reference.
- Cross Reference Tool: Simply choose the brand you wish to cross reference, then type in the part number. Our corresponding part number will auto populate.
Helpful Angular Contact Bearing Resources
Still have questions? Below are the articles we recommend you read next.
- The Anatomy of Angular Contact Bearings
- Angular Contact Selection Guide
- Angular Contact Interchange Chart
- What is Bearing Preload?
- Preload Strategies
Our Precision Class Standards
Bearing precision is important, especially if your equipment is being used at maximum speeds. Precision classes guide the properties of bearings to ensure uniformity and regulation standards are met.
Standards are usually represented in ABEC, DIN or ISO classes.
All GMN high precision ball bearings meet the below criteria for each standard.
|ISO||DIN||AFBMA||Internal Tolerance Class|
|Class 4||P4||ABEC 7||P4+|
|Class 2||P2||ABEC 9||Ultra Precision (UP+)|
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.