Sprag Clutch with Mounting Tab Stops Motion
Our RA Series backstopping clutch is a combination of our FND 400 complete unit with seals, inner ring keyway and an outer ring mounting tab. This heavy-duty clutch is good for high torque operations and ensures motion freezes in place.
Commonly referred to as a hold-back clutch, it prevents the rotation from moving in the reverse direction. Some applications that rely on an RA Series sprag clutch are:
- Gear Reducers
- And more
Components of the RA Series Backstopping Clutch
Our RA Series backstopping sprag clutch has a keyway at the inner ring and mounting tab at the outer ring. Other key characteristics:
- Bore diameter (ID): 15 to 40 mm
- Outer Diameter (OD): 65 to 110 mm
- Width: 34 mm
- Double sealed
- Operating temp: 212 F / 100 C
- Oil lubricated for life
- Manufactured with our FE 400 Z tension spring
- On request, they can be manufactured with our FE 400 M meander spring
RA Complete Sprag Clutch Series
|Slug||GMN Series||Part No||Shaft|
Backstops are able to transmit nominal torque mounted on solid shafts. Mounted on hollow shafts the transmittable torque decreases. In this case please contact us to receive a calculation on the transmittable torque for your application.
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.