Connected Lever Stops Motion
Our backstopping clutch is a combination of our FND 400 complete unit paired with a momentum lever to ensure motion stops and freezes in place.
Commonly referred to as a hold-back clutch, they prevent rotation from moving in the reverse direction. Some applications that rely on a backstopping clutch are:
- Gear Reducers
- And more
Components of the RA Series Backstopping Clutch
Our RA Series backstopping clutch has a keyway at the inner ring with a momentum lever. Here are a few other characteristics:
- Supports bore diameters (ID) (mm): 15 to 40
- The RA Series is part of our complete sprag clutch unit: Double-sealed with ball and roller bearing support
- Oil lubricated for life
- The inner ring keyway is manufactured according DIN 6885 Bl.1 standards
- Manufactured with our FE 400 M inserts
- On request they can be manufactured with our FE 400 Z inserts (just tell your account representative to add suffix “Z” to your order)
Backstops are able to transmit nominal torque mounted on solid shafts. Mounted on hollow shafts the transmittable torque decreases. In this case please contact our technical staff to receive a calculation on the transmittable torque in your application.