CF Labyrinth Seal Advantages
- Limitless RPM because the CF seals are designed to exceed the high precision bearings they are mounted near.
- The compact design of the CF labyrinth seal is small enough to add during a spindle rebuild.
- CF Labyrinth Seals require little to no axial space which leads to a more compact, less expensive spindle design.
- 100% sealing efficiency against splashing liquids
- Quick & easy installation, usually without rebuilding the spindle
- Load is transferred through the CF Seal to the Angular Contact Bearing
- CF Seal sizes are directly matched to the bearing size
- Quick & easy installation consists of using a small cylinder to push the seal into place.
CF Labyrinth Seal Material
6000 & 61900 CF Seal series are designed in standard Nitride Steel with a temperature range of -40°F (-40°C) to 338°F (170°C).
The nitride steel CF seals can be ground or unground precision. If the seal is going to be mounted flush to a bearing, then grinding of the seal faces are strongly suggested. This will ensure a proper seat and passage of preload through the CF Seal to the bearing. If the seal is going to be offset from the bearing, then turned surfaces are recommended and can save cost.
The 6200 CF Seal series is designed in standard Aluminum with a temperature range of -40°F (-40°C) to 392°F (200°C) .
The aluminum non-contact CF can also be ground under special circumstances, but this is not usually necessary. See individual CF data sheets for specifications. [link]
CF seals don’t have a speed limit because suggested tolerances are designed to exceed bearing speed ratings (see the spec pages for specific tolerancing). If you have questions or think your application has a high RPM, contact us and we can go over any specific tolerances or factors.
CF Seal Design
Our CF labyrinth seals are designed for maximum sealing efficiency and a long life span. This breakthrough technology is designed with principals from geometry, physics, rotor dynamics, materials engineering, and more.
The CF seal expunges contaminants radially using rotation and centrifugal forces as well as axial force for any contaminants that actually enter the seal. However, the CF seal does not require rotation for highly effective sealing. See this description in action with this CF Seal video.
Why Buy From GMN Bearing USA?
The success of our business comes from three main pillars of excellence:
- Rapid Response: 99% of inquiries are responded to within one business day and most orders ship out the same day (from Houston, Texas).
- Expert-Level Support: Our onsite mechanical engineers and technical support specialists provide answers to your most difficult questions.
- Quality 360°: Our internal quality control process is one of the highest in the industry. We make sure GMN is synonymous with quality.
Need help finding the right product for your application? Contact us today.