Installing Roller Ramp Clutches
|Bearing||none(1)||none(1)||none(1)||supported(2)||sleeve bushings||ball bearing||ball bearing|
|to the shaft: keyway(3)||DIN 6885(4)||DIN 6885(4)||DIN 6885page 1||DIN 6885page 1||DIN 6885page 1||DIN 6885page 1||DIN 6885page 1|
|to the housing:||press fit||face key(5)||face key(5)||face key(5)||momentum lever(6)||several-flanges &covers(7)||keyway See data sheet|
|shaft:||Ø dh6||Ø dh6||Ø dh6||Ø dh6||Ø dh6||Ø dh6; dj6||Ø dh6; dj6|
|housing:||Ø DH7; DJ6||Ø DH7; DG6||Ø DH7; DG6||Ø DH7; DG6||-||Ø DH7||Ø DH7|
(1) These clutches are not self supported and require outside bearing support to guarantee absolute concentric operation of inner and outer ring as a prerequisite of optimum performance. Axial misalignments and thrust loads should be avoided.
(2) size 8 - 20: sleeve bearing size 25 - 80: ball bearing
(3) The keyway should cover the whole width of the clutch in order to transmit nominal torque.
(4) VS 8 - 12 and VSNU 8 - 12: Keyway according to DIN 6885, page 1VS 15 - 60 and VSNU 15 - 80: Keyway according to DIN 6885, page 3
(5) With tolerance Ø DK6 nominal torque could be transmitted by press fit only without face key.
(6) The momentum lever or torque arm requires free motion in axial direction, to avoid tilting forces to the bearings. Depending on the application we suggest different ways of mounting the momentum lever. Applied as a backstop the torque arm should be fixed by two pieces of angle steel. Used as an indexing device, the actuating part (e.g. cylinder) might be attached at the slotted hole.
(7) Please assemble all parts in accordance to the required idling or indexing direction. Torque transfer: From the outer ring to the mating part by high strength bolts (class 8).
Make sure, that the inner ring is sealed on the shaft when using type D3, to avoid leakage by the keyway. When using flange F5 please make sure to insert torque bolt into radially oriented slotted hole of the housing and be aware, that torque bolt is allowed to move freely in axial and radial direction to prevent bearing failure.
When using type VGL .. KS..-D2 please specify idling direction properly. Idling direction "Right": Looking in direction to cover D2 .. , the inner ring will overrun clock-wise (turning to the right). Idling direction "Left": Just opposite.
GMN Roller Ramp Clutches are shipped rust protected - not lubricated, series VGV is grease packed for life time without service. They all require proper lubrication with lubricants as per our recommendations (see below). At high speeds it is absolutely necessary to use oil or oil mist lubrication - no grease.
Free-wheel Clutches transmit torque by friction. For optimum life and performance use oil types CL as per DIN 51517 part 2 or CLP as per DIN 51517 part 3. There are no molybdendisulfite or graphite additives allowed.
Before use, GMN clutches should be cleaned with a standard solvent; do not use trichloroethylene or similar products. After cleaning, clutches should be filled with lubricants as recommended below up to 1/3 of outer raceway diameter when used in horizontal position. Changing of oil on a regular basis will increase lifetime and performance of the clutch operation. We recommend a first changing of oil after 10 hours of use and then in intervals of 2000 hours when clutches are used with maximum overrunning speed.
|Operating temperature||Oil -20° C... +30° C
- 4° F to +86° F
|Oil +10° C... +50° C
+50° F... +122° F
|Oil +40 °C ... +80° C
+104° F...+176° F
|Lubricant||CL 10CLP 10||CL 22 CLP 22||CL 46 CLP 46||Grease K
|Viscosity at 40° C (104° F) ISO-VG DIN 51519||10 mm2/s (cSt)||22 mm2/s (cSt)||46 mm2/s (cSt)|
|ESSO||NUTO H 10||NUTO H 22||NUTO H 46||BEACON 2|
|CASTROL||HYSPIN VHG 10||HYSPIN VG 22||HYSPIN VG 46||CASTROL LZV,|
|KLUBER||CRUCOLAN10||CRUCOLAN 22||CRUCOLAN 46||ISOFLEX LDS
18 SPECIAL A
|OPTIMOL||ULTRA 10||ULTRA 22||ULTRA 46||LONGTIME PD1|
|SHELL||TELLUS OEL 10||TELLUS OEL 22||TELLUS OEL 46||ALVANIA Grease R2|